Unistrut Midwest has been involved in the engineering, design, and installation of Medical Equipment Supports for over seven decades. Our proven systems support X-Ray equipment, surgical lighting, service columns, CT Injectors, as well as other specialized medical equipment in healthcare facilities worldwide. Unistrut Metal Framing is universally recognized as the preferred material for architects and general contractors when designing or installing Medical Equipment Support Systems.
Unistrut Medical Systems are designed to be infinitely adjustable and adaptable to most field conditions seen in hospital environments. By utilizing Unistrut’s multiple channel profiles and fittings, Unistrut is able to develop a solution to meet a virtually limitless number of medical applications. Unlike other support materials, our system features components designed specifically to meet the performance demands of the most advanced medical equipment. Trust the professionals at Unistrut Midwest with your next project!
Typical Medical Applications
- X-Ray Supports
- Surgical Light Support
- Exam Light Supports
- Surgical Booms
- Anesthesia Booms
- CT Injectors
- Cath Lab Supports (links to X-Ray)
- CRT Monitors Supports (Links to CT Injector)
- Service Column Supports
- Microscope Supports
- Gas Column Supports
- Injector System Supports
- Lead Shielding Supports
- Vibration Isolation Supports
- Physical Therapy Supports
- Patient Lift System Supports
Advantages of Unistrut Metal Framing for Medical Equipment Supports
Medical Supports designed with Unistrut have many advantages over traditional welded steel structures. Some of these benefits include:
- Infinite Adjustability: Unistrut Medical support systems allow both basic and micro-adjustments, so installations can be quickly and easily adapted to specific site conditions. This allows us the flexibility to design a support for almost any system, as well as the ability to adjust the supports for the inevitable conflicts that occur during construction.
- Adaptability: During installation, built-in adjustment capabilities allow the system to be fine-tuned to precisely match site conditions. With its inherent strength and versatility, the Unistrut system adapts to a wide range of environments and design parameters.
- Bolted-Connections: The mechanical channel nut and bolt connection of the Unistrut system means the system can be easily altered in the event of renovation or the addition of new equipment. This allows the end-user flexibility to re-use existing support for future equipment.
- No Welding: Our slotted channel framing supports require no welded steel connections. This allows us to save the end-user time by eliminating the need for hot work permits, causes no smoke or odor, and allows for faster installation times. The Unistrut systems are also able to be modified in the field in the event the owner changes equipment or the room layout.
- Fast and Cost Efficient: Unistrut systems often utilize pre-fabricated components which reduce on-site man-hours and installation times. Unistrut Midwest specializes in fast-paced or off-hours projects that have demanding schedules. Our crews are able to install Unistrut support systems much faster than traditional welded steel structures.
X-Ray Equipment Supports
Unistrut Support Structures are the ideal product for supporting overhead X-Ray or Cath Lab Equipment. Whether you are looking for a simple 3-Rail system or a more complex universal grid, Unistrut Midwest has the knowledge and experience to provide you with the correct support for your project.